Chinese government scholarshipBACK

Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities to promote mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in politics, economy, culture, education and trade between China and other countries. Shanghai University of Sport is one of the qualified universities of graduate program.

What Scholarship Covers

Tuition and free dormitory on campus

Monthly life allowance(Doctoral programs CNY 3500 per month,Master programs CNY 3000 per month,Bachelor programs CNY 2500 per month)

Free Medical Insurance

Undergraduate Program Applicant

SUS does not accept applications for Chinese Government Scholarship directly.

Please visit the CSC website for suitable scholarship applying channels.

Graduate Program Applicant


To be eligible, applicants must:

Non-Chinese and be in good health;

Bachelor's degree holder under 35 when applying for master’s programs;

Master's degree holder under 40 when applying for doctoral programs;

Must not be a student of Chinese university at the time of application (except for those who graduated from Chinese university for one year or longer).

Should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.

Chinese language proficiency should reach HSK 4 and average mark should not be lower than 65; OR English language proficiency should reach IELTS 5.5 or TOFEL 80.

How to Apply

Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (print it online) with applicant’s signature.

SUS Application Form for International Students with a photograph affixed.

One photocopy of your valid passport.

A copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.

One photocopy of your diploma and degree certificate (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages). For those who are about to graduate, a certification of expected graduation is also acceptable).

One photocopy of your transcript of academic records during your Master’s study (a notarized Chinese or English translation is demanded if the original version is in other languages).

Two photocopies of HSK certificate or BCT certificate for applying Chinese-taught programs. Two photocopies of English proficiency certificate for applying English-taught programs.

Study plan or research proposal, written in Chinese or English, which includes your education and work experiences, research results and a study plan.

Two Recommendation letters in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors.

Deadline: May 31st