YTU was established in 1984 and is one of the key provincial comprehensive universities of Shandong Province. The creation and development of YTU was made possible by the generous donations and continuing assistance of the people of Yantai and Weihai, and of many overseas Chinese entrepreneurs. Two of the most renowned institutions of higher education in China, Peking University and Tsinghua Unviersity, were instrumental in the creation of YTU, and the fine traditions of these two universities have been carried forward over the past twenty five years. We scrupulously abide by the school’s motto of “Be trustworthy, be down-to-earth, be fond of learning, and practice earnestly.” We put great emphasis on innovative teaching and learning. We have a well developed set of academic disciplines covering the breadth of higher education. Many of our departments have outstanding features that distinguish them from similar disciplines at other universities. Our undergraduate educational system is broad and well founded. Post-graduate education at YTU has developed very quickly in recent years. Significant achievements in research have been made by our faculty and alumni. We have made many scholarly contributions to society. YTU has become an influential comprehensive university, both in China and in the world.
Since its beginnings YTU has attached great importance to international exchange and cooperation, and was one of the first group of universities permitted by the central government to recruit foreign educational experts and receive international students. YTU has established partnerships with over seventy universities and institutions around the world, including cooperative programs with Republic of Korea and Norway. Now we receive about six hundred international students every year.
YTU embraces the future. We sincerely and earnestly welcome people from all walks of life, both at home and abroad, to join with us in advancing our construction and development. We invite you to join hands with us in open communication and exchange, to increase our mutual benefit through cooperation and friendship.
The Best Leisure City -------Yantai
- One of China's first 14 open coastal cities. An international port city in Northeast Asia as well as part of the Bohai Economic Circle.
- Pleasant climate. Famous tourist city and summer resort.
- Winner of 2005 UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award.
- Best Summer Resort of China.
- National Civilized City of China.
- Winner of “Charming City” in an evaluation of China's best tourist cities.
- In 2012, Yantai was named the best leisure city in China, characterized by its hospitality.
- The only International Wine City in Asia.
- National Excellent Social Management city.
- One of the birthplaces of Jiaodong folk culture and Shandong cuisine.
- World famous for its rich wines, assorted fruits, and seafood.
- Easily accessible by land, sea, and air. It is linked with many cities at home and abroad, forming a well-developed transportation network.