Students must be in good health.Your Chance to Get Admitted
To get a better learning experience, and it has a good reputation.
- 2 Years ago
I searched in internet about studying in China and I found this University. Now I want to start learning Chinese from beginning and also I do not have my High school Diploma so I choose this university to start my Chinese language learning process.
- 2 Years ago
I checked and found that SHNU is a good school with a very good curriculum for foreign students. It has very good connections with the business community and is safe.
- 3 Years ago
I want to improve my Chinese language skills, and I think that the language program offered by Normal University in Shanghai would be the best choice for me.
- 3 Years ago
VERY GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND IS CULTURALLY DIVERSE WITH GOOD LOCATION. INTERESTING PROGRAMME NOT LIMITED TO CLASSROOM ONLY.
- 3 Years ago
- Full of fun and Chinese learning.
- Commucation with local students.
- City tour enhance understanding of Chinese traditonal and mordern.
- Different Chinese level classes meet students' need.
- Plentiful students' activities to enjoy.
The long-term Chinese language program is offered to international students who are interested in Chinese language and culture. There are seven levels. Students will be clarified into the suitable level (class) after taking the placement test. Our experienced teachers will also provide their suggestion after interview.
The seven levels are as the following:
Elementary 1, Elementary 2, Elementary 3; Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2; Advanced 1, Advanced 2
Programs 1.General Chinese Program
2. Intensive Chinese Program
3. Business Chinese Program
Length of Time
Two semesters in each academic year
Spring semester usually starts in February or March and ends in July. (18-20 weeks)
Fall semester usually starts in September and ends in next January. (18-20 weeks)
Main Courses 1.Main Courses for General Chinese Program:
Extensive Chinese Reading, Intensive Chinese Reading, Oral Chinese,
Chinese Listening, Chinese Writing, Survey of China, etc.
2. Main Courses for Intensive Chinese Program:
Intensive Chinese Reading, Oral Chinese, Chinese Listening, Chinese Writing
3. Main Courses for Business Chinese Program:
Business Chinese Reading, Business Chinese Oral Chinese,
Business Chinese Listening, Business Chinese Writing
Class Time 8:00 am to 11:50 am in the morning and 1:30 pm to 2:50 pm in the afternoon
from Monday to Friday
Credit Hours 1.General Chinese Program ( 20 credit hours per week. 40 minutes per credit hour)
2. Intensive Chinese Program: ( 30 credit hours per week. 40 minutes per credit hour)
3. Business Chinese Program: (20 credit hours per week. 40 minutes per credit hour)
Credits 1. General Chinese Program: 20 credits
2. Intensive Chinese Program: 30 credits
3. Business Chinese Program: 20 credits
Optional Courses Chinese Standard Pronunciation, Introduction to Chinese Characters, Basic Chinese
Grammar, Chinese Culture, Business Chinese, Tourism Chinese, Preparation Courses for
Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), etc.
Clubs Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Painting, Er Hu (Chinese traditional musical instrument), Taiji, Kung Fu, Yoga, Modern Dance, etc. Other Activities Chinese Corner, Speech Contest, International Culture Festival, KARAOKE Contest, Sports Meeting, Christmas Party, etc. Classroom Xuhui Campus Tour ICCS organizes one field trip each semester. Trips to Beijing, Xi’an, Hainan, Xiamen, Zhangjiajie, Jiuzhaigou, Nanjing, Yangzhou, Zhenjiang, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shaoxing, etc. have been organized. Level 1. Seven levels for General Chinese Program every semester:
Elementary I: for beginners
Elementary II: for learners whose vocabulary is between 500—1000
Elementary III: for learners whose vocabulary is between 1000—2000
Intermediate I: for learners whose vocabulary is between 2000—2500
Intermediate II: for learners whose vocabulary is between 2500—4000
Advanced I: for learners whose vocabulary is between 4000—5000
Advanced II: for learners whose vocabulary is between 5000—6000
2. One level for Intensive Chinese Program each semester: elementary level, for beginners
3. Three levels for Business Chinese Program every semester:
Elementary level: for learners whose vocabulary is about 2000
Intermediate level: for learners whose vocabulary is about 3500
Advanced level: for learners whose vocabulary is about 4500
Remarks: Level is based on the interview or score of placement test when registering.
Student number for each class: about 20
Students must be in good health.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 9,000 in total (About $ 1,655) Accommodation Fee Wai Bin Lou Double Room RMB 100 Xue Si Yuan Double Room RMB 100 Single Room RMB 75 to RMB 83 Other Fees Application Fee USD 75 to USD 95 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 400 to RMB 3,000
- Application Materials
1. Certificate/diploma of highest education
Certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization. Both original and official English translated version are required.
2. Academic transcript of highest education
Academic Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization. Both original and official English translated version are required.
3. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included(Photocopy of valid passport identification page. Passport must be an ordinary passport and be valid for at least six months from the application time until September 30, 2019. Applicants currently residing in China must include a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.)
4. Passport photo
Two recent passport-sized photos of the applicant
5. Supporting Documents: Certificate of Good Conduct
Provided by your current/previous school/company in Chinese/English to improve your success rate.You can download a template or sample from here.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jun 30 , 2020|
|Tuition :||RMB 9,000 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 95 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org