Check Entry Requirements
- Education Level : High School Graduate
- Age Requirement : 18 - 60
- A clear focus on Chinese language
- Carefully designed immersion activities and excursions
- Teaching delivered by qualified faculty at school
- Discussions with the participation of Chinese students and faculty
- Access to optional Chinese language courses
I. Types of Long-term Chinese Language Classes
Attention: All the students should apply for the course as long-term Chinese language course, and then enter the general track or special classes after level testing when semesters start.
(I) General Track:
1. The general track consists of Intensive Reading, Spoken Chinese, Listening, Reading, and Writing classes, for a total of 20 class hours per week. Please refer to Appendix for a sample class schedule.
2. Levels: The track is divided into 9 levels: Elementary 1, Elementary 2, Elementary 3, Elementary 4, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Intermediate 3, Advanced 1 and Advanced 2.
(II) Special Classes:
1. New Chinese Course:
(1) Target group: Chinese learners who wish to improve their listening and speaking proficiencies intensively over a short period of time;
(2) Objectives: To strengthen and rapidly improve students' listening and speaking abilities;
A: New Curriculum I (one semester): 20 class hours per week—Intensive Reading: 6 class hours; Spoken Chinese: 8 class hours; Listening: 4 class hours; Chinese Characters: 2 class hours. The Chinese Characters class is taught individually, at a literacy rate 1/3 that of the general track. The other classes will be taught using pinyin as needed.
B: New Curriculum II (one semester): 20 class hours per week—Intensive Reading: 8 class hours; Listening: 8 class hours; Chinese character: 4 class hours.
2. Special Course for Overseas Chinese:
(1) Target group: Students should be able to orally communicate at a basic level in Mandarin (no lower than the level reached at the end of Elementary 1) but know fewer than 200 characters. Most of these students are of Chinese heritage;
(2) Objectives: To focus on improving students' reading and writing to match their existing listening and speaking abilities while enhancing their overall competence with the aim of enrolling these students in Elementary 4 or Intermediate 1 after one semester.
(3) Curriculum: 20 class hours per week including 12 class hours of Reading and Writing, 4 class hours of Listening and 4 class hours of Spoken Chinese.
3、Advanced Culture and Business Course:
(1) Target group: Continuing language learning students in advanced level;
(2) Objectives: To provide seminars on Chinese traditional culture and social economy for students with relatively high Chinese language ability who are not content with ordinary language classes, to further improve their Chinese language abilities, and for them to gain a deeper understanding of contemporary Chinese society;
(3) Curriculum: 20 class hours per week, with the following classes: Rhetoric and Expression: 4 class hours; Chinese Folklore: 2 class hours; Selected Readings of Chinese Literature: 2 class hours; Tourism Culture: 2 class hours; Chinese Idioms: 4 class hours; Advanced Business Chinese: 4 class hours and Business Chinese through Video and Speaking: 2 class hours.
II. Elective Courses
(1) Language classes: HSK Test Preparation, Chinese Culture (taught in English), Shanghainese, Business Chinese, Chinese Characters, Chinese Characters & Culture.
(2) Traditional culture classes: Chinese Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese painting, Seal Cutting, Paper Cutting, Film Appreciation, etc.
III. Cultural Activities & Language Practice
(1) Visits to historic cultural sites and natural sights in and around Shanghai;
(2) Art viewing;
(3) Language practice with Chinese cultural or historic sites viewing.
Note: Tuition for elective courses: RMB 200/course, excluding cost of materials
Class Schedule for Intermediate 1 (Sample) TIME\WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI AM PERIOD
Intensive Reading Intensive Reading Listening PERIOD
Listening Intensive Reading Writing PM PERIOD
Spoken Chinese Reading PERIOD
Spoken Chinese Reading
PERIOD 1-2: 8:30AM~10:00AM PERIOD 3-4: 10:20AM~11:50AM
PERIOD 5-6: 13:10PM~14:40PM PERIOD 7-8: 15:00PM~16:30PM
- Aged between 18 to 60
- High school graduate
- Hold foreign passport
- Be in good health
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 9,900 in total (About $ 1,815) Accommodation Fee Building 9 Double Room RMB 38 to RMB 60 Building 8 Double Room RMB 38 to RMB 60 Single Room RMB 70 to RMB 110 Building 10 Single Room RMB 68 to RMB 105 Building 12 Double Room RMB 34 to RMB 50 Single Room RMB 50 to RMB 80 Building 51 Double Room RMB 34 to RMB 50 Single Room RMB 35 Lianxing Building Single Room RMB 70 to RMB 120 Building 9 Double Room RMB 35 to RMB 65 Single Room RMB 75 to RMB 130 Taoli Yuan Double Room RMB 50 to RMB 80 Single Room RMB 80 to RMB 150 Other Fees Application Fee RMB 450 to RMB 800 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,400 to RMB 3,000
- Application Materials
1. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
2. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
3. Certificate/diploma of highest education
Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Dec 17 , 2015|
|Tuition :||RMB 9,900 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 85 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org