This program is aimed to cultivate international cross cultural talents that could accommodate with the challenge and development along with the "silk road" economic belt between China and Central Asian countries. With the knowledge of Oil and Gas Geology obtained at school and the background of Chinese language and culture, students can not only be engaged in the research and exploration works of oil, natural gas and geology, but also to participate in the management of international resource areas with a broad internationalized vision and advanced concept.
Five years in total, includes one year preparatory and four years of undergraduate education.
The courses of this program consist of two parts: the first year is Chinese language training (prep), and the following four years is the undergraduate study of Oil and Gas Geology.
Northwest University has been accepting international students since 1965, which is the earliest university to nurture foreign students in the five northwestern provinces. More than 10,000 international students from over 20 countries have studied at Northwest University. Founded in 1992, the School of International Cultural Exchanges has more than 16 experienced Chinese teachers for foreigners, and more than 10 staff members and 10 logistics personnel responsible for providing teaching management and daily services to the students. The school has adopted a teaching methodology of integrating culture elements into language teaching process with excellent teaching effect. Through a year of preparatory study, students can achieve a HSK level 4 and master about 2000 Chinese vocabularies, fluently make daily communication in Chinese, and are able to read simple Chinese articles, master the basic oil and natural gas program related geological vocabularies, which lays the foundation for the undergraduates study.
The first semester: Chinese Spoken, Chinese Listening, Cultural Courses (including Chinese Customs, Traditional Chinese Painting, Tai-chi, and visit the historical and cultural scenic spots). The study load is 22 hours per week for 20 weeks.
The second semester: Chinese Spoken, Chinese Listening, Chinese Reading, HSK training class, professional Chinese lessons. The study load is 24 hours per week for 20 weeks.
After examining the application, the admission office will make a decision on admission notification. The successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW202 form (Visa application form), a health examination form. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
Usually the students are required to report at the admission office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the new term will be regarded as forfeiting the admission.
NOTE: Want to learn more about this program？Please search Oil & Natural Gas Geology in Northwest University's non-degree course list on CUCAS website.
1) Under 45 years old; in good physical condition;2) Valid passport holder;3) High school, senior secondary school or advanced diploma;4) Chinese proficiency must be on HSK level 3 in old examination format) or 4 in new examination format. (Mandatory for courses taught in Chinese.)
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 15,000 in total (About $ 2,755) Accommodation Fee Building 4-International Students Apartment Double Room RMB 50 International Cooperation Laboratory Block-International Students Apartment Double Room RMB 24 Xida Hotel Double Room RMB 50 Single Room RMB 70 Other Fees Application Fee USD 65 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,000 to RMB 2,500
- Application Materials
1. Photocopy of valid passport
Two photocopies of valid passport with name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
2. Certificate of HSK or English proficiency test certificate
Notarized copy of your HSK result or English language proficiency test results.
3. Passport photo
Five recent passport-sized photos of the applicant
4. High school academic transcript
Notarized copies of high school academic transcripts, including courses taken and standard achieved.
5. High school graduate certificate
Notarized copies of senior high school graduation diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||Sep 1 , 2020|
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jul 30 , 2020|
|Tuition :||RMB 15,000 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 65 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org