- College Diploma or above.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- The LLM Program focuses on Chinese civil law and commercial law with an examination of international and commercial business transactions.
- The LLM Program in China Business and Commercial Law is designed for international graduate students and professionals coming from different backgrounds and countries and different legal systems.
- Living in an international community is what makes studying at BFSU Law different and unique from other law schools in China.
- Designed for non-Chinese students, the courses are taught only in English.
- Scholarship available for excellent students.
1. Program Description
Editor Notes: The program focuses upon the Chinese legal system, laws and regulations and transacting international business in China.
- The program's objective is to provide foreign law professionals and students a foundation in Chinese law, while ensuring their adaption to a Chinese cultural and working environment.
- Designed to expose students to both the legal theory and legal practice, the program includes full-time study of the law in the first year and the option of writing a thesis or participating in an internship in the second year.
- LLM applicants are welcome to apply from different career backgrounds, including lawyers working in private law firms and government, government officials, law educators, businessmen and businesswomen and law school J.D. gradutates.
- The LLM program runs for a period of 2 years.
- The first year is for taking the classes and the second year is for completing the dissertation and taking internships.
2. Program Structure
Editor Notes: The first year consists of two semesters and this year's available courses are listed below.
2.1 Compulsory & Optional Courses
Compulsory Courses Optional Courses Introduction to Chinese Law Chinese Political and Legal System Chinese Contract Law Legal Writing Chinese Tort Law Chinese Company Law Chinese Constitutional and Administrative Law Legal Research Chinese Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure Basic Chinese Language Foreign Trade Laws and Regulations in China Introduction to Common Law System Foreign Investment, Merger and Acquisition in China Chinese Intellectual Property Law Chinese Civil Procedure & Arbitration Law Intellectual Property Law Chinese Banking Law and Capital Markets Chinese Insolvency Law and Corporate Reorganizations Chinese Labor Law and Social Security Investment Law
2.2 Trial Classes
- There are some free trial classes available online for prospective students to get a feel for the program.
- These introductory classes cover the following areas of Chinese law.
Introduction to the Rule of Law in China Setting up or acquiring a business in China China Bankruptcy Law China & the WTO: Current Issues Dispute Resolution Processes in China China Anti-Monopoly Laws
Scholarships are available for students who want to study on the Residential LLM Program.
- The dissertation should not be more than 12,000 words.
- Students are required to complete a defense of their dissertation in order to be awarded the LLM.
Editor Notes: The School will make inquiries into suitable internships when students are enrolled on the program through connections with the law school.
- Students who are enrolled on the program will have the opportunity to take work experience at a top 5 law firm in China at any point during the two years they are enrolled on the LLM program.
- The internship period depends on each student and the type of internship that they seek.
- The purpose of the internship is to gain practical experience and skills working in a Chinese law firm.
6. School Introduction
Editor Notes: It is a key university directly affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China.
Founded in 1941, Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) is the first institution specializing in foreign language studies. It has the longest history among universities of its kind in China, offering a complete range of degrees, diplomas and programs at various levels, with the largest number of foreign language programs in the country. Excellence in teaching and extensive research in foreign language and literature has earned high respect for BFSU’s quality programs, both at home and internationally, Learn More>>
7. Law School of Beijing Foreign Studies University
Editor Notes: LLM Program in China Business and Commercial Law is designed to expose students to the legal environment in China
- The faculty comes from varied backgrounds in the legal profession bringing expertise and experience.
- The professors are respected scholars, legal practitioners, jurists,legal theorists and researchers.
- The School has professors who have doctoral degrees and are nationally and internationally recognized al well as adjunct faculty, including leading Justices of the Supreme People's Court, senior judges and prosecutors, partners of leading international law firms, in-house counsel of state-owned enterprises and financial institutions and multinational companies in China.
8. Campus Life
Editor Notes: International students enjoy the wonderful life in the campus.
- College Diploma or above.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Tuition Fee Non-degree RMB 17,500 in total (About $ 3,210) Accommodation Fee White Building Double Room RMB 40 Single Room RMB 50 to RMB 90 Guojiao Building Single Room RMB 70 to RMB 110 Studio RMB 260 to RMB 300 Other Fees Application Fee USD 150 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Passport photo
3 recent passport-sized photos of the applicant
2. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
3. Custody release formYou can download a template or sample from here.
4. Proof of English Proficiency
TOEFL or IELTS (Majors delivered in English).
5. High school graduate certificate
Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
6. High school academic transcript
Academic transcript in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
7. Personal Statement
Personal Statement with the applicant's signature, written in Chinese or in English.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
|·Starting Date :||
|Teaching Language :||English|
|Application Deadline:||Jun 30 , 2020|
|Tuition :||RMB 17,500 In Total|
|Application Fee:||USD 150 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org