1. Admission Type:
Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degree program students.
Note: Applicants who do not have HSK 4 certificates can apply for the self-financed Chinese language program first. Those who finish the Chinese language program at LZJTU and have HSK 4 certificates or higher will be preferably considered for the scholarship.
2. Annual Enrollment Quota: 30
3. Major & Enrollment Type:
Majors: All degree programs for international students at LZJTU (With priority given to the students majoring in engineering and rail-related majors)
Enrollment Type: Full-time student
4. Language of Instruction: Chinese
The applicant should meet the following requirements:
(1) A citizen of a country other than the People's Republic of China;
(2) No violation behavior towards the laws and regulations of China and the rules of the university;
(3) Hardworking, excellent academic performance, friendly to China and healthy;
(4) Non-beneficiary of any other scholarships;
(5) Those who apply for Bachelor's degree programs must have high-school diploma or equivalent qualification; those who apply for Master's degree programs must have Bachelor's degree; those who apply for Doctoral degree programs must have Master's degree;
(6) Applicants should have valid HSK certificate or test report. Those who apply for the majors of Science, Engineering, Business, Management and Art should have passed HSK level 4 with scores of 180 or above; Those who apply for the majors of Liberal Arts should have passed HSK level 5 with scores of 180 or above (Notice: If the applicant's HSK certificate was obtained more than two years prior or it was not obtained from the test center of LZJTU, the applicant shall take the test again at LZJTU and pass the corresponding test as required);
(7) Those university students who had academic warning or drop-out warning are ineligible for application of The Silk Road Scholarship Program;
(8) Applicants other than degree students of Lanzhou Jiaotong university who apply for Bachelor's degree programs must be younger than 25 on the date of entry into the program, and have a high-school diploma; for Master's degree programs must be younger than 35 on the date of entry into the program, and have a Bachelor's degree; for Doctoral degree programs must be younger than 45 on the date of entry into the program, and have a Master's degree. There is no restriction of age on those degree students who are currently enrolled in Lanzhou Jiaotong University.
6. Scholarship Details:
(1) Tuition fee exempted;
(2) Ten-month accommodation fee exempted;
(3) Monthly living allowance: CNY 1,500 yuan (10 months for each year).
7. Fees Students Need to Pay:
Undergraduate programs (4 years)
(1) Registration fee: 400 yuan;
(2) Medical insurance: 800 yuan/academic year;
(3) Books: 200 yuan (estimated).
(4) Accommodation fee of July and August (if inhabited): 800 yuan/month;
8. Application deadline：June 30th
9. Application Documents:
Applicants must truthfully complete and submit the following application documents:
(1) Lanzhou Jiaotong University Application Form (completed in Chinese or English in Online Application System of Lanzhou Jiaotong University;
(2) Foreigner Physical Examination Form filled out in English
(3) Highest Diploma Achieved and Official Transcripts (documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English);
(4) HSK certificate or higher (if available);
(5) The front page of passport;
(6) The visa page and immigration records in China (if available);
(7) Published papers, award certificates and other information can prove their academic achievements and research capacity (if available).
(8) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (more than 500 words);
(9) Certificates of participating in social activities.
(Notice: All the materials should be submitted in form of scanned copy and upload,to the Online Application System of Lanzhou Jiaotong University)
10. Application Procedures:
(1) Register and login to the Online Application System of Lanzhou Jiaotong University, complete all the application form online
and submit all the scanned copies of required documents.
(2) After the online application, admission results will be sent by email to applicants.
After the evaluation of application materials, the university will inform applicants of their results by email before July 15th. Applicants should reply the email to confirm within 5 working days after receiving the result. After receiving the applicant's confirmation, the university will send out the Admission Notice and The Visa Application Form (JW202) in 15 - 20 working days.
12. The Annual Review
(1) Scholarship students will be reviewed in each year in accordance with The Temporary Regulations of The Silk Road Scholarship Program of LZJTU. University will make the comprehensive review on eligibility of students' scholarship in the coming year based on students' academic performance, academic attitude, attendance records, rewards and punishments received, and other performance factors.
2) If students pass the annual review, their scholarships will continue. Otherwise, the scholarship will be suspended or terminated in next year.
3) If the scholarship is suspended, students can continue their studies at the university at their own expenses. Students can resume their scholarships if they pass the annual review in the following year (Scholarships will not be given during the suspension period).