The applicant should be a senior high school graduate or with equivalent schooling in the age bracket of 18-50. Applicants must pass the corresponding entrance exam or oral exam and interview.Your Chance to Get Admitted
I've been living in China for over one and a half years. I really love China and I'm really passionate about chinese language and culture and I know that BLCU is the best language university in China. So obviously i want to learn from the best.
- 3 Years ago
I chose Beijing Language and Culture University as I've often heard their programs are the best regarding language classes. I really aim to improve my Chinese skills, therefore I want to attend the best classes.
- 4 Years ago
Sept.11, 2017— mid of Jul. 2019
Branches of Specialties:
1. Chinese (for Trade and Business)
2. Chinese (for General Use)
3. Chinese (for Tourism)
4. Chinese (for Secretarial Use)
A. beginners who have not learned single Chinese before
B. Students who have learned Chinese knowing about 600 Chinese words (The students must attend a test so that the credits they have acquired before can be confirmed.)
After two years\' study (the first year of study concentrates on basic Chinese learning; the second year specializes in vocational Chinese training), the students will be able to master 4,500-5,000 words (including 1,000 or so jargons) and the corresponding Chinese characters, and about 250 language points. In addition, the students will be equipped with listening, speaking, reading, writing and translating abilities for both general and specialized uses, and with some understanding of the Chinese culture and the semantic connotation of the Chinese language to meet the students’ needs in their daily lives and work as well.
Overall language ability: Band 6 (included) and above of HSK
Specialized language ability: related levels of HSK of Business, of Tourism and of Secretary
Terms & Class hours:
For students of Group A (beginners), there are 20 weeks of classroom instruction in both the 1st term and the 2nd term respectively, 40 weeks in total, and 20 class hours per week. In the 3rd and 4th terms, classroom instruction still lasts for 40 weeks in total, 20 weeks for each term, but 18-20 class hours per week.
For students of Group B (students who have learned some Chinese), the courses in the first term can be excused and the credit points related to that term will be regarded automatically acquired provided that the students pass the credit-confirmation test. In the 2nd term, there are 20 weeks of classroom instruction, 20 class hours per week. In the 3rd and 4th terms, there are 20 weeks respectively, thus 40 weeks in total, 18-20 class hours per week.
examinations are given at the end of each term in written or oral forms.
Field trips: one or two field trips for language practice are provided in each school year.
students are required to act as interns in their specialized area during the 4th term and to submit reports related to that internship.
Students who have met the requirement for attendance and acquired a total of 80 credit points will be granted the following related certificates of specialized Chinese training:
1. Certificate of Specialized Chinese (Trade and Business) Training
2. Certificate of Specialized Chinese (General Use) Training
3. Certificate of Specialized Chinese (Tourism) Training
4. Certificate of Specialized Chinese (Secretarial) Training
The applicant should be a senior high school graduate or with equivalent schooling in the age bracket of 18-50. Applicants must pass the corresponding entrance exam or oral exam and interview.
Tuition Fee Associate RMB 25,800 per year
RMB 51,600 in total (About $ 9,465)
Accommodation Fee Dormitory No.17 Double Room RMB 80 Dormitory No.4 Double Room RMB 75 Dormitory No.6 Single Room RMB 145 Dormitory No.7 Single Room RMB 145 Dormitory No.8 Single Room RMB 145 Conference center Double Room RMB 358 Single Room RMB 150 Other Fees Application Fee USD 115 to USD 150 Service Fee USD 50 Living Expense RMB 2,200 to RMB 2,800
- Application Materials
1. Copy of Guardian’s passport or ID
2. Certificate of HSK
For applicants of Chinese Language major and Chinese Language and Culture major:Level 3 or above. For those applying to take classes with Chinese students: HSK Level 5 or above
3. Photocopy of valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and photo included
4. Passport photo
A recent passport-sized photo of the applicant
5. Senior High school graduate certificate or A Level Certificate
Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
6. Senior high school academic transcript or A level transcripts
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
7. Letter of recommendation
Written in English from applicants' former teacher including teacher's contact no., email address, handwritten signature.
8. Applicants under the age of 18 (above the age of 16) also need to provide
1. Notarial Certificate(original copy), which includes Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee and Notarization letterYou can download a template or sample from here.
2. Photocopy of Guarantor's ID or Residence Permit (front side and back side), or Foreigner's Residence Permit
Notes: 1. Applicant’s parent need to find A.a Beijing Local, or B.a non-Beijing-local(working in Beijing with residence permit),or C. a foreigner( with a residence permit which covers the applicant’s study period),to be the applicant’s guarantor. First, Letter of Authorization can be acquired at Chinese embassy or consulate. Second, The Letter of Authorization should be notarized at a notary office in Beijing.)
9. Supporting Documents: Certificate of Good Conduct
Provided by your current/previous school/company in Chinese/English to improve your success rate.You can download a template or sample from here.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide transfer certificate, leaving certificate, certificate of attendance rate issued by previous school and your current residence permit.
- How to Apply
- It only take you minutes to apply through CUCAS!
- 1. Click “Apply Now” button on the right side of the page.
- 2. Fill in online application form. (About 10 minutes)
- 3. Upload required documents. (About 5 minutes)
- 4. Pay the application fee and CUCAS service fee (CUCAS is authorized to collect on the university’s behalf). (About 5 minutes)
- 5. Click “Submit” button.
- Important notice: You need to create a CUCAS account before apply. Account name needs to be a valid email, which will be used to receive CUCAS notice about your application process.
CUCAS provides best service in this industry to international students. Apply through CUCAS, you will enjoy:
- • Free Online Consulting, response within one working day.
- • Free access to Chinese university database, 20,000+ programs in 300+ top Chinese universities are available.
- • Free and easy-to-use online application system, only need 20 minutes to complete application.
- • Free accommodation booking.
- • Free DHL delivery - fast arrival and guarantee to get admission package.
- • Mostly get admission letter in 2 weeks.
- • Free visa guide, per-departure guide and students handbook.
- • Airport pick-up Service.
- • Money Transfer Service.
- • Chance to find alumni.
- Learn More>>
- • The start date has been updated to August 31, 2020 October 12, 2019
- • The application deadline has been updated to July 24, 2020 October 12, 2019
- • The tuition fee has been updated to 25800 RMB October 12, 2019
|·Starting Date :||Aug 31 , 2020|
|Teaching Language :||Chinese|
|Application Deadline:||Jul 24 , 2020|
|Tuition :||RMB 25,800 Per Year|
|Application Fee:||USD 150 (Non-Refundable)|
|Service Fee:||USD 50 (Non-Refundable)|
|2020 Insurance:||USD 5 (Optional)|
Feel Free to Ask Questions!
Tel : (86) 010-82865135
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org